Mother's Day is just around the corner and we wanted to showcase some of the mothers at the studio, whether they are instructors or students! Today, we are featuring Annalisa, who has been with us at Pole Fitness Seattle for a little over a year and is a mother of two beautiful, little girls. She has come such a long way in her aerial fitness journey and we love having her in the studio. Here's a little Q&A below to get to know her more!
1) What got you interested in pole?
- Funny story. One day, I was searching for a song on Youtube, "Wicked Games" by The Weeknd. A video of Dirdy Birdy performing a pole flow to that song showed up on my search. I was amazed by all the tricks she did. It dawned on me that pole dancing can be a good fitness regimen. I took the Intro to Pole series and got hooked! I learned that pole dancing is not just about being provocative. It's what you make it to be.
2) What does pole means to you?
- Pole to me means strength, self-expression, and confidence. Pole has taught me that everything is possible. I went from not being able to do a pull-up to doing dead-lift climbs on a 14' pole! With every new trick I get down, I feel a sense of accomplishment, which is a pretty darn good confidence booster.
- Pole also means friendship. The bond between pole-sisters is like no other. We understand the struggles. We uplift one another. We get excited when someone nails a trick.
3) What does pole mean to you as a mother?
- As a mom, I use my pole experience to empower my daughters and show them that anything is possible if they work at it.
Apart from pole, Annalisa has also embraced the world of aerials in both lyra (aerial hoop) and silks. She has come to be so strong and inspiring, we love seeing her progression each week.
Thank you, Annalisa, for sharing your story with us at Pole Fitness Seattle =)
Pole Fitness Seattle Blog