Pole Fitness Seattle is currently seeking an experienced Pole Dance Instructor to join our team!
Pole Fitness Seattle LLC
1900 Airport Way South Suite 202 Seattle, WA
TITLE: Pole Dance Instructor (Pole Dance, Aerial)
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time employee
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Studio Manager
DEPARTMENT: Pole Dance / Pole Fitness / Aerial
COMPENSATION: Employee contract $25 - $35 per class depending on experience
Under the direction and supervision of the studio manager and founder - teach, lead and excuse pole dance classes within the studio’s progression guidelines. Create fresh and exciting lesson plans for classes that will enrich and develop students in a classroom environment.
Experience as a pole dance or aerial instructor is strongly preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in either pole dance or aerial with a strong skill set in these areas.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Comprehension of dance skills and techniques specially related to pole dance and aerial hoop.
• Understanding the principles of customer service.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and other employees of Pole Fitness Seattle
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with teaching dance programs making sure to take attendance and demonstrate proper skills.
• Arrive to work at least 15 minutes prior to class and be prepared for class to begin.
• Use studio’s software system to check in clients, process retail transaction and other duties as assigned.
• Use appropriate language and music to teach class, keeping a positive attitude.
• Use appropriate classroom management skills to maintain control of the class.
• Remain in communication with coordinators/supervisors including checking email daily.
• Utilize organizational skills to stay prompt in deadlines to coordinator/supervisor.
• Communicate effectively with clients on expectations and upcoming performances.
• Assist in the planning and execution of the dance performances (includes turning inpaperwork in a timely manner).
• Assist in marketing and promoting the dance program through social media and sales platforms as assigned
• Serve in a professional and courteous manner with the highest regard to the client.
• Attend staff meetings, trainings, and performances.
• Provide advance notice if unable to teach class. In the event of a needed absence, find a replacement and notify studio manger.
• Dress appropriately for the type of class you are teaching.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by studio manager
• Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the studio’s safety programs.
• Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other classes.
Pole Fitness Seattle Blog